The Centre for Ecotherapy provides support for vulnerable people in the local community, aiming to improve and maintain well-being through the use of nature-based and horticultural therapies, mindfulness and practical activities.
Located at Stanmer Park on the outskirts of Brighton, this not-for-profit social enterprise comprises two large areas of land – an organic allotment garden and an organic wilderness area populated with trees, shrubs and plenty of wildlife.
The Centre’s services include:
- Ecotherapy and Social and Therapeutic Horticulture services for adults and young people
- Bespoke sessions and programmes for groups
- Team building days for organisations
- Training for therapists, students and practitioners
- Community placement opportunities for student practitioners
- Opportunities for research into the effectiveness of nature-based therapies
- Personal Ecotherapy consultations
- Volunteering and Community Engagement opportunities
- Site Hire
To enquire about any of these services, please send an email to [email protected] putting the service you are interested in as the subject.