The Centre for Ecotherapy provides support for vulnerable people in the local community, aiming to improve and maintain well-being through the use of nature-based and horticultural therapies, mindfulness and practical activities.
Located at Stanmer Park on the outskirts of Brighton, this not-for-profit social enterprise comprises two large areas of land – an organic allotment garden and an organic wilderness area populated with trees, shrubs and plenty of wildlife.
The Centre’s services include:
- Ecotherapy for adults and young people
- Social and therapeutic horticulture programmes
- Work days for groups
- Team building days for organisations
- Training for therapists, students and practitioners
- Community placement opportunities for student practitioners
- Opportunities for research into the effectiveness of nature-based therapies
We also offer volunteering opportunities for students, practitioners and members of the community who are keen to share knowledge, skills and energy with others in a beautiful nature-rich setting.
We are able to offer both our outdoor spaces for the use of organisations and therapists wanting to take classes or groups, such as yoga and tai chi, group talking, art or drama, outside into Nature. You can book the wilderness area through our website, or contact us to enquire about the allotment.