Established in 2014, the Centre for Ecotherapy has been delivering nature-based services to the local community in a sustainable, organic way for over 8 years.
The Centre prides itself in valuing the non-human and human community equally and believes that all living creatures benefit from respectful proximity and communication with each other. We believe that, in sharing our time, energy and physical space with our non-human neighbours, humans can grow towards greater physical and mental balance, developing our ability to support and maintain the wellbeing of our local environment, and ourselves at the same time.
OUr Aim is to…
- enable people to connect with their local natural environment in a non-challenging, informal way
- support people to understand and enhance their personal wellbeing through contact with the natural world
- inform people of how nature connection can play a role in improving and developing their lives
- invite people to join our nature-focused community, to ensure its relevance and sustainability within the changing experiences of our time
- ensure that all people feel confident and welcome to access the natural environment regardless of background, health or economic status, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation
- Ecotherapy and Social and Therapeutic Horticulture services for adults and young people
- Bespoke sessions and programmes for groups
- Team building days for organisations
- Training for therapists, students and practitioners
- Community placement opportunities for student practitioners
- Opportunities for research into the effectiveness of nature-based therapies
- Volunteering and Community Engagement opportunities
- Site Hire